Any player can setup a shop to sell and/or buy items. A "shop" is considered a single chest where 1 item is sold. Players can build a building that contains multiple chests or shops.
Create a shopEdit
To create a shop, you will need a chest, a sign, and the item you want to sell.
- Place a chest up against a wall that is at least 2 blocks high
- Fill the chest with the item you want to sell
- You can only sell one type of item per chest.
- To sell multiple items, you need multiple chests
- Place a sign directly above the chest
- Fill in the following information on the sign:
- Line #1: LEAVE THE FIRST LINE BLANK
- Line #2: The quantity (the number of items to sell/buy)
- Line #3: Buy Price:Sell Price
- Line #4: The name (or code) of the item
- When you click "Done", the shop should be created.
<BLANK> 5 10:1 Dirt
This will let people buy 3 blocks of dirt for $50, or sell 56 blocks of dirt to you for $0.22
To only buy items, and not sell items back, you can fill in a zero for the sell price:
<BLANK> 5 10:0 Dirt
Just give it a try!
- MAKE SURE TO LEAVE THE FIRST LINE BLANK - The shop will automatically fill in your username on the first line for you.
- To adjust the price or quantity, you need to destroy the sign, and re-place it.
- If you don't know the name of an item, you can also fill in the data value number
- The list of data values can be found here, on the Minecraft wiki.
Here is an example video on youtube that shows how to create a shop.
For more information, see the ChestShop Plugin page.